Invitation JCI Staines Memorial – London
45 years ago, on June 18 1972, a plane crashed near London, known as the Staines air disaster. A tragic accident, where also 9 JCI friends died, coming back from the European Conference in Edinburgh.
This year the JCI Staines Foundation likes to be present with a large delegation, to honour our bond with the victims and their families. We welcome all members of JCI Belgium, JCI Senate Belgium, JCI SenSe, JCI London and JCI Edinburgh, together with the entire international JCI community.
Saturday 17th of June 2017
- 1.00pm Gathering in Hotel Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Lobby
- 2.00pm Visit Expo ‘Fighting for Peace’
- 3.30pm Guided sightseeing walk in the South Bank Area
- 6.00pm Welcome drink with JCI London in a local pub
- 7.00pm Dinner together with JCI London
- 9.30pm Transfer to Waterloo station
- 10.20pm Train London Waterloo to Staines (South West trains)
Sunday 18th of June 2017
- 8.00am Breakfast
- 9.00am Walk in Staines
- 10.00am Prayers and dedications in the Trident ‘Papa India’ Memorial Garden in the Moormead Sports Ground off of Waters Drive, Staines
- 11.00am Memorial Service at St Mary’s Church, Church Street, Staines
- 12.30pm Lunch in “The Bells” traditional pub
- 02.00pm Visit Windsor Castle (optional)
- 06.00pm Trip back home
We will ask you to make your own hotel and transport reservation.
Sat June 17 – BA391 – 9h45
10u05 in London Heathrow
Sun June 18 – BA404 – 19u40
21u50 in Brussels
Brussels to London
Saturday 08:52 09:57 02h 05m 39,00 €
Sunday 19:04 22:08 02h 04m 49,00 €
Lille to London
Saturday 09:30 09:57 01h 27m 39,00 €
Sunday 19:04 21:30 01h 26m 49,00 €
approximately 85€ to 95€ per car (5 persons)
approximately 85€ per car (5 persons)
We propose the Mercure London Staines-upon-Thames Hotel.
Approximately 95€/double room
Hotel reservations should be done by the participants themselves.
The Staines Foundation proposes a participation fee for all Belgian members of € 100. This means that the Staines Foundation will partly cover all additional costs.
The fee includes: reception, visit of the expo, dinner on Saturday, lunch on Sunday, train to Saturday activity, transfer in Staines area on Sunday (to prayers, memorial service, lunch, afternoon visit).
Not included : trip (plane/train), hotel + breakfast, dinner on Sunday, transfer from and to plane/train, drinks, Sunday afternoon visit.
Please send an e-mail to email@example.com to announce your participation. Your reservation will be confirmed after the Staines Foundation received your payment of the fee.
IBAN BE10 2200 0257 7004
Please indicate ‘Staines Memorial 2017’ and your name.
In case of rain, bring your umbrella. Travel light.
Check also the website about JCI Staines.
President Staines Foundation
On behalf of the Organization Committee :
Jos Van Roosbroeck
Anna Carin Kneip-Krokstäde
Olivier De Block